Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Dentist

Today I had the joy of going to the dentist. I am not being sarcastic when I say joy. I genuinely felt joyful. How? Am I crazy(still being debated)? I actually felt joyful because after living out of the state for three and a half years my dentist remember my name. He also remembered my children, he remembered my husband did voice-over work and he also remembered my friend David who was also a patient of his. He recalled that we had referred David and Renee to him well over eight years ago. What? Who remembers such details. Although great friends we didn't go to the dentist together. We simply referred them to the dentist. This is the fascinating part he has been greatly touched by David. He talked about what an amazing father he was and he said "he was just one of those guys that you knew wasn't all talk but really was hands on with his children." He said that while David was missing he kept hoping that David would come home. He spoke of how genuine David was and how kind. He said " I just don't get why the good guys go so young?" I would have to say that is the question of the century!

I don't know if my Dentist has a real relationship with Jesus. If I had to go with my gut I would say no. What I do know is that I can look at all the dental work that Carl and I need to get done and complain or I can see every visit to the dentist as an opportunity to show God's love. I guess one more life lesson from David. Thanks for the continued journey friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment